Monday, May 5, 2014

The start of the first 30 days to the rest of my life

As promised, I officially my first bout with the Whole30 program on Sunday. Saturday involved grocery shopping with a lot of label reading and an hour of prep work. I am a busy single mom so I knew the best way for me to start the program and stick with it is to prep as much as I could in advance so I would have already cooked ingredients in the fridge ready to be turned in to a meal at a moments notice. I got the idea from The Clothes Make The Girl blog and while I didn't do exactly what they did, it gave me some great ideas on how to prep. There are a wealth of other blogs that provide yummy Whole30 approved and Paleo recipes.
Sweet potato hash, two whole scrambled eggs and blueberries.

Home made olive oil mayo

I will admit I did go on a small binge of bad stuff prior to starting....a few glasses of wine and a brownie on Friday night, a bagel and Starbucks on Saturday morning. It was funny though, after eating the bagel on Saturday, I realized I haven't missed eating bagels...must have been almost 2 years since I last had a bagel. I have a feeling when I am done with this 30 day program, there are going to be a lot of foods that fall under that "I really don't miss it" category.

Wishing you love and sunshine,
Sarah



Gulp...here are my pre-Whole30 measurements:
Start weight: 270
Waist: 46 inches
Hips: 51 inches
Thighs: 29 inches
Bicep: 17 inches
Chest: 45 inches




No comments:

Post a Comment