Thursday, August 8, 2013

One step at a time



 One of the biggest things for me to remember on a daily basis is to break down my actions in to small obtainable goals. It is easy to get overwhelmed when I think about the 75lbs I still have to lose to hit my goal weight, so I have decided to take it 10lbs at a time. I am hoping to lose 10 lbs by September 6th. It is daunting to think about running a 5k in October, but I know I can walk that far, so my goal for the next month is to try to run 2 min out of every 5 min.

My goal for running is still contingent on what my doctor says about my knees. I walked a little over a mile last night. I didn't attempt to even jog because of the knee pain I just had walking. I walked at a leisurely pace because I know that as long as I am moving forward I am working toward my goals. I'm feeling pretty good today, so I am planning on running a bit tonight.

To be real with myself and anyone who might read this, I have a graphic I'm going to start putting at the bottom of my blog posts so you can see how I'm doing!

Wishing you love and sunshine,
Sarah








No comments:

Post a Comment