Saturday, November 8, 2014

Paleo Ranch Dressing Recipe

A Whole30 buffalo chicken salad with homemade paleo ranch.
Ranch dressing is a one of the dipping sauces paired with the most appetizers in the South. It is served with fresh veggies at parties, served with buffalo wings, sliders, and frickles (fried pickles) at bars, and of course if a favorite for many on salads. I love ranch dressing! During my first whole30 experience I started experimenting with different ranch recipes that I found online. There is something about the creamy goodness of ranch dressing and I figured if I could figure out how to make it myself, the whole30 experience and transition to a mostly paleo life would just be so much easier.

I often make my own olive oil mayo using the recipe from "It Starts With Food" and love to make my ranch dressing just after I finish making a batch of mayo. This recipe is great because it is simple, dairy free, and preservative free. You can pronounce everything in it and probably have the spices in your spice rack already. Hope you enjoy!


  
AuburnGalNC's
Paleo Ranch Dressing


1/2 cup olive oil mayo
1/3 cup coconut milk
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp each of the following:
garlic powder
onion powder
dried dill
dried parsley
pepper
fresh chives (optional)


Wisk or blend all of the ingredients together. Keeps for up to 10 days when stored in an air tight container and refrigerated.



No comments:

Post a Comment